Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Euphoria Muffins

I found the recipe for these muffins in my enormous recipe folder. It was just sitting there, with proverbial internet dust on it, waiting to be opened and made. In a foul mood this Sunday, I printed it out on a whim. Baking typically cheers me up when babies or animals are unavailable. The recipe was ridiculously easy and didn't seem all that special. The apartment smelled nice while they baked. And then...and then...I dipped the tops in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. And I ate one. And I creamed my pants and came to Jesus and there was a double rainbow and I cried tears of joy and the Bears won a Superbowl. Okay maybe not the last one, but pretty much everything else. A tiny little muffin filled with cinnamon and nutmeg...and it tasted just like a doughnut. Warm and soft and fluffy and delicious and full of cinnamony goodness. SO MUCH FUCKING CINNAMONY GOODNESS. I intend to bake another batch as soon as I have time, only in mini muffin tins so that they are bite-sized blobs of cinnamon-sugar covered beauty. Make these. Do not share. You will not be sorry.



Coffee Cake Muffins with Cinnamon and Sugar
(makes 12)

1-¾ cup flour
1-½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅓ cup oil
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
¾ cup milk
 
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
2 tbs. butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

1. Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

2. In a separate, large bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg and milk.

3. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.

4.Coat your muffin pan well with nonstick cooking spray and divide the batter evenly among the cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

5. Run a knife around the sides of the muffin and shake them out of the pan while still hot.

6. Melt the butter in a bowl.

7. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.

8. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Chow the fuck down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment