I found the recipe on Pinterest and didn't like it so I changed it. It called for vegetables in my mess of carbohydrates and meat. WRONG. This is really easy, and really messy and really really really really really freakin' good. Because I didn't have any Buff Joe's sauce on hand (Do they sell it? Anyone? They should.) I used the Tabasco brand buffalo wing sauce. Pretty decent, with nice spice and a hint of smokiness. In any case, this magnificent love child sandwich is quality comfort food. For those still in school, eat it as a congratulatory meal for having finished the introductory paragraph of your final essay due Friday. For those out of school, eat it because fuck swimsuit season. For everyone else, just eat it.
- 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken, warm
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon mayo 1 tablespoon green or red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, room temperature, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix the chicken, hot sauce, mayo and onion in a small bowl.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the buffalo chicken salad, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.