Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vegan Cookies -- Not All Gross

I'll be the first to say that generally I hate vegan baked goods. I'm sorry, there's just no replacement for butter and milk. Vegan margarine tastes like shampoo. But I wrote this recipe for legitimately tasty vegan cookies that are also super healthy. Everyone wins! I made these for a good friend of mine who has just about every dietary restriction known to man so these are flour, sugar and butter free. Whatever. They're super easy and super tasty and guilt-free for all you skinny betches out there.

Vegan Cookies:
2 C. rolled oats (or 1 C. granola -- I used Bear Naked Fit which only has 4 grams of sugar and toasted almonds)
1/3 C. dried berries
1 1/2 C. applesauce
2 tbs. molasses
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Small handful trailmix or any other things you think would taste good.



1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Place on greased cooking sheet, they can be fairly close together because they don't spread.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until brown around the edges



Makes 2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment