Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mango Salsa

Mango salsa always reminds me of summer. Maybe because mangos are a summer fruit to me. Maybe because my friends and I eat mango salsa at the beach sometimes. Anyway, it was like 70 degrees here today and I had a mango that was sitting in my fruit bowl, calling to me to be made into salsa. So of course I obliged. This recipe is super duper easy, and only has 4 ingredients. This is one where you can FFTFW: if I had kiwis or parsley/cilantro in the kitchen, I definitely would have added them.

1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
1/4 small onion, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp. chili flakes



1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for at least 20 minutes to let all the flavors marry.

Serve with tortilla chips, over steak tacos or eat it plain with a spoon.



1 comment:

  1. You will like this (all ingredients available at wholefoods in df)

    Mango: 1/4 dice, 1+1/2 pts
    mango juice: 1tbs
    Fresno Chilies: very thinly sliced, coin shapes, use a mandolin, pickle in lime juice, and sherry vin
    Shallots: mince, 1oz/1tbsp
    Thai basil: tear it up
    Mint: tear it up
    Salt
    lime juice: 1 tbsp
    veg oil: 1/2 tbsp

    ReplyDelete